Taylor's College, Malaysia
University for Peace
from our students ►
EPiC Online was introduced to A-level scholarship students to help them pass their IELTS test in order to gain entrance into universities overseas.
"What's even more impressive was to have 49% of the students achieving band 7.5 or higher, which placed these kids amongst the most proficient users on the English language internationally."
Noraiza Ahmad Zaki is the Head of Centre for Language, Compulsory Subjects & University Entry Tests at Taylor’s College, Part of the Taylor’s Education group, the leading private academic group in Malaysia.
Moreover, The EPiC Online coaches has been helping me to know more about IELTS exam and be more familiar with all kinds of question patterns. The special exercise of each session was a mock test of real IELTS exam which totally follows the IELTS requests. After completing each exercise, the coach would give me explanations and suggestions of correction on the mistakes I made. The coaches can even point out every little grammar mistakes carefully in the "speaking" and "writing" practices, and also show me the more proper way of expressing [thoughts]. My English level improves through these detailed corrections. I highly appreciate EPiC Online for providing me such a wonderful study platform, since I was able to have opportunities to get useful instructions from all of my coaches."
"When Genashtim offered to pilot their innovative learning initiative at our school, we chose students that we had the most difficulty with in class. These students, aged 11, struggled to pay attention in class. Even at the first session, we could see a transformation of these students. Eventually, the students enjoyed the sessions so much that it became an effort to tell them that the session was over and that they have to leave. We were surprised and delighted at this in spite of the fact that these sessions where run after normal school hours, and the students had to stay back for them.
Perhaps it was the novelty of using the PCs, or it could be the fun, but relevant online content. It is probably a combination of these plus the engaging tutors from Malaysia and abroad who interacted with the students live online.
This was also very easy to set up, with the Genashtim technicians remotely taking over the PCs in our computer lab, and preparing them for running the various technology platforms necessary for the session.
eLearning has benefits such as accessibility, creativity, dynamic interaction, time efficiency and excitement and we thank Genashtim to have offered them to our students at SRSS!"
The UN-mandated University for Peace has been working with Genashtim since February 2014, in order to address special language needs that we have in one of our most important programmes, the Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship, funded by The Nippon Foundation (Japan). Specifically, Genashtim’s EPiC Online English Language coaching program has been utilized to both improve the English level of our applicants so that they are able to meet the minimum level required to qualify for the scholarship, and to provide additional training for accepted students who either have weaker English levels, or who are late to join our scholarship programme. The University for Peace has been very pleased with the performance of Genashtim, which has also been confirmed by the students and applicants who have participated in the online training.
Given our positive experience with Genashtim with their EPiC Online English Language coaching, we contracted them to develop an innovative platform and implement an English language placement test for applicants, conducted entirely online. There were many considerations that needed to be addressed in order to ensure the integrity of the test, and Genashtim carefully put controls in place that addressed possible problem areas.
The University for Peace has been very pleased by the professionalism of Genashtim and its employees and have every intention to continue our collaboration with them.
1. Good program for improving English fluency while in conversation.
2. Improve confidence level in English communication
3. Get experience before going for real job interview
2) Time management & Commitment : Students potrait good attitude in terms of time management and punctuality to catch their booked sessions. They have been so committed to arrange their schedule to be on time as the epic session will be conducted in a different time zones.
3) Preparation for job interview : Empowering english language and well-conversed will be a MUST nowadays to all fresh graduate and certainly our student has an EXTRA advantage over it. I believe throughout this programme, it has successfully polished my students with all the important criteria prior of having an interview, improving confidence level of speaking ideas in english, defending their thoughts, sharing of knowledge & job experience which using technical english, and of course they are ready for any interview conducted in english around the world. Thank yo so much for EPIC team that has turn all the expectations into reality and we are very much looking forward to have this kind of programme for our next phase of intake. See you again!
Mohd Zulfazli B. Raub Khan
Lecturer of Politeknik Banting.